Buying new tools can be fun, but stressful. With all that is available on the market today, it can be overwhelming trying to decide which will best fit your needs. If you are in the market for a jigsaw, we can help. Read on to find out about five high-grade options in our Best Jigsaw Review!
We will get pretty extensive in regards to all of these products and what they can do, but for those who can’t wait, I’ll tell you my pick for best jigsaw upfront. For its durability, features, and overall quality, I think the DeWalt comes out on top. You may or may not agree so read on and decide for yourself.
5 Top Rated Jigsaws – Which One is the Best?
- 1 5 Top Rated Jigsaws – Which One is the Best?
- 2 Buying Considerations: Which Jigsaw should I buy?
- 3 Using a Jigsaw
1. DeWalt DCS331B 20-Volt Max Li-Ion Jig Saw (Our best-seller 2019)
You might recall that the DeWalt model was my pick for best saw featured on this list. You of course may feel differently. Read on to take a look at some of this tool’s features and see if you agree.
DeWalt DCS331B Features
- Quick, Easy Blade Change: A simple to use lever action system makes for quick blade changes. In general, quick and easy is almost always a good thing but as you use your jigsaw more, and more you will find that some jobs go through a lot of blades. You’ll appreciate this feature in those situations.
- Versatile: The metal shoe features detents at 0 degrees, 15 degrees, 30 degrees, and 45 degrees, for a wide range of easy bevel cutting.
- Control Your Speed: You can control your speed from between 0-3000 spm for more versatility. Speed control isn’t always necessary but in the situations where it comes in handy you will definitely be glad to have it.
I listed the DeWalt as the model I felt had the overall highest quality, which I stand by, but that is more a matter of opinion than provable fact. A simple look at the price of this model, however, will prove that it has the best value of anything featured on this list. Let’s look at the features to determine how they stack up.
- Tool Free Blade Change: When we looked at the DeWalt, we talked about why this was a good thing. Since the need to change blades can come up frequently, it is nice to be able to do it quickly.
- 45 Degree Bevel Cuts: As you might remember the DeWalt had a wide variety of options when it came to making the bevel cut. This model is locked in at the 45 degree mark, but for the bargain you might not mind the compromise.
- Power: The5-amp motor offers cuts at a speed of about 3000 SPM. Unfortunately, it isn’t adjustable, but that speed will still provide you the power you need to get through most jobs.