No tool shed is complete without a proper miter saw for making perfect cuts. With its angled, hinging head and powerful blade, the best miter saw for you is out there, waiting to open up your projects to brand new heights. Let’s take a look at some of the best miter saws out there – including the one that is just right for you using our comprehensive miter-saw guide.
We’ll breakdown the best models, give you expert buying tips and go over safety tips and project ideas to ensure you not only buy the right model but use it the right way as well.
- 1 Our Recommendation
- 2 The 5 Top Miter Saws: Which one is the Best?
- 2.1 1. Hitachi C10FCH2 15-Amp 10-inch Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw with Laser Marker (Our Best Seller 2019)
- 2.2 2. DEWALT DW715 15-Amp 12-inch Single-Bevel Compound Miter Saw (Best Value for Features)
- 2.3 3. DEWALT DWS779 12” Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- 2.4 4. Makita LS1018 10-Inch Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw
- 2.5 5. Ryobi ZRTS1345L 10-inch Compound Miter Saw with Laser Line
- 3 Miter Saw Benefits
- 4 Buying Considerations
- 5 How To and Safety
In our opinion, Hitachi C10FCH2 is the One of the best and affordable miter saws. It is an Amazon Best Seller for a reason and has earned its spot through many positive reviews. With this Hitachi saw in your hands, you will be nothing short of impressed.
It has every feature that you could find in its competitors all combined into one for a practical and versatile package. Check out its key features below.
The 5 Top Miter Saws: Which one is the Best?
|Hitachi C10FCH2 15-Amp |
|DEWALT DW715 15-Amp 12-inch |
|DEWALT DWS779 12” Sliding Compound||12||Check Price||$$$$|
|Makita LS1018 10-Inch Dual Slide||10||Check Price||$$$$|
|Ryobi ZRTS1345L 10-inch||10||Check Price||$$|
1. Hitachi C10FCH2 15-Amp 10-inch Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw with Laser Marker (Our Best Seller 2019)
This Hitachi product is the one of the Best Seller on Amazon for Power Miter Saws – and for a good reason. It comes with a slew of benefits and features that you will undoubtedly appreciate like:
- 15-Amp Motor: This machine packs quite the punch with its heavy duty motor. The massive power that this tool provides helps for even the toughest cutting jobs[/easyazon]. Even 2x4s are no issue with this power tool.
- 52 Degree Miter Angle Range: This increased flexibility allows you to make a ton of different cuts that you wouldn’t be able to without such a range. This helps you to keep being able to make whichever cuts you need for your project.
- 45 Degree Bevel Range: The constantly used bevel cut is another feature of this saw, something you will be thankful for when you go to create angled constructions.
- Flip Fence: You can even cut your wood vertically with this miter saw, something that not all competitors can do. Create thinner slats of wood for a variety of purposes including adjusting your molding depth around your home.
2. DEWALT DW715 15-Amp 12-inch Single-Bevel Compound Miter Saw (Best Value for Features)
DEWALT strikes again here on our list with another quality miter saw. This one has its own unique features, too, like:
- 11 Positive Stops: All of these positive stops create a repeatable, accurate machine that will deliver great cuts even after a ton of use. What is the use of a miter saw if you can’t trust it over time, after all?
- 45 Degree Bevel Cutting: This saw includes the capability to do that all important bevel cutting to make a lot more projects possible.
- Lightweight: This saw is only 42 pounds in weight, making it quite portable for the power it delivers. It even has a built-in carrying handle for more mobility.
3. DEWALT DWS779 12” Sliding Compound Miter Saw
DEWALT’s miter saw has a few features that not all miter saws can say they include. These are things like:
- 3800 RPM Motor: The motor on this saw certainly packs a big enough punch to satisfy you on all of your jobs. It will prove to deliver power and sustained durability.
- Back Fence Design: A fence has been added into the design of this saw, letting you be able to cut your wood at 90 degrees. Try this out on crown molding for a thinner slat of wood.
- Dust Collection System: Cleanup is too easy with this saw in your tool shed. This vacuum system collects more than 75% of the dust that gets created while you work with this saw.
- 3 Year Warranty: Just to protect your already sound investment, DEWALT gives you a three-year warranty to work with on this particular miter saw.
4. Makita LS1018 10-Inch Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw
Makita makes its own entry here on our list with their quality miter saw option. Its features and benefits are numerous with characteristics such as:
- Powerful 13-Amp Motor: If you are into less maintenance, this is the motor for you. Despite its lower amp count, it still delivers 4300 RPMs of powerful cutting.
- Linear Ball Bearing System: The slides on this miter saw are specially engineered for delivering exacted and accurate cuts just as you desire.
- Miter/Beveling Capability: As with most miter saws, this one adjusts for both mitering and beveling so that you can create the diverse range of cuts that you need to.
5. Ryobi ZRTS1345L 10-inch Compound Miter Saw with Laser Line
The last miter saw on our list comes from Ryobi, a tried and true veteran in the tools market. This particular product boasts plenty of features that you are sure to love such as:
- Electric Brake Stops: As a safety feature, this saw has brake stops to cease the blade’s spinning much sooner than other miter saws. In fact, the blade will stop its rotating in seconds.
- Built-in Laser: For accuracy, a laser has been built into this saw. You’ll be able to accurately and efficiently see just where your cut will be landing with this feature.
- 1 Year Warranty: To secure your investment in this refurbished product, this saw comes with a one year warranty. That’s one year of guaranteed usefulness on a saw that is just like new!
Miter Saw Benefits
The benefits of owning a miter saw are numerous. Some of the most significant advantages of the best miter saws are:
- Speed: A powered miter saw is simply going to get cuts done faster than a manual saw will. No offense to your cutting ability but electricity probably has more potential than your own arm strength. Get the same cuts with less effort and more efficiency.
- Safety: Even with the added power a miter saw provides, security is an obvious priority of the design of most miter saws. There are always plenty of guards, designs, and safeties to keep you cutting what you do want to cut and nothing else.
- Accuracy: A miter saw is extremely accurate as long as the unit is secured correctly. The setup and guides on a miter saw give you the perfect visual for making the proper cut the first time. In this way, it is up to you whether the cut gets done right or not since you are using a trustworthy machine.
There are some significant ideas that you should keep in mind when you go to buy your miter saw. Some key factors are:
- Price: Of course, you still need to be able to afford wood to cut once you get done purchasing your miter saw, right? A good miter saw costs more than $250 but doesn’t need to empty out your bank account.
- Degrees of Freedom: Most saws go from 0 to 45 for beveling purposes as a logical standard. But some work to differing degrees on their mitering ability. This is something to watch out for if it is something you desire.
- Warranty Information: Some saws come with warranties, and some don’t. If a warranty is something you desire, keep a careful watch out for this particular characteristic.
Projects You Can do with Miter Saws
The projects that can be attempted (and completed) with miter saws are numerous. Create your own custom picture frames for a handmade charm. Enhance your home with custom fitted molding. Cut two by fours for – well, just about anything.
Flowerboxes, art projects, tables, and everything in between. Truly, the DIY possibilities are endless when you invest yourself in a proper miter saw. The only thing that limits you with your applications for a miter saw is your creativity.
How To and Safety
To properly use a miter saw, you simply set your wood down flat on the saw’s table-like surface and firmly hold the wood in place. Reach your free hand up above the blade where you will find a grip (and “on” button for some models). Bring the blade down and through your wood for a nice clean cut. Be sure that your hand that is holding the wood is kept plenty far from the blade and firmly on the wood.
If you are going for a cut with some beveling or mitering, these adjustments must be made before your cut. Make sure that you never push the blade down unless you are doing a cut, as this will expose the blade. We only want the blade opened up when we are actively making a cut.
The Top Miter Saws For You
Altogether, the purchase of one of the best miter saws around will be an exciting one for you. With a brand new miter saw in your shop, you will find that your projects are done more accurately, faster, and completed with even more versatility. Miter saws are pretty similar, but this does not mean that their nuances don’t make them differentiated. They all have their own characteristics that provide value in their own ways, so the choice is yours. Be sure to pick yourself up an outstanding miter saw from this list to take your projects to new levels.