When it comes to decorating a place, the easiest way to make a good impression is by using home decor items. They can be used in several ways and they come in various materials and designs. Here are simple decoration items that will amazingly change your interior.
Picture frames are one of the most basic home decor items that you can get. Whether you get frames for your picture in the UK, in the US, etc, they all come in a variety of sizes, designs, and colors so they can fit your house’s theme perfectly. You can use them to showcase personal pictures from special events or just to add some color to your wall’s bare space. Here’s how to pick out the right frames for you:
- Types -you can get various types of picture frames and each serves a specific purpose. For example, you will need to get metal if you’re looking for unique decor items that will add accent to your room while you’ll need plastic if what you want is something extremely sturdy and durable.
- Colors- the color of the frame should match with the rest of the room’s decor. For example, if you choose white frames, they will make the whole area seem bigger and brighter. If you want something that can add an accent to your space, go with black or brown. Try getting wooden frames with dark oak backgrounds if what you’re looking for is a rustic feel in your house. So the color of the frame’s background should be consistent with the main theme in your house.
- Size- the size should also complement your home. Going for small sizes will add accent while choosing something that’s big may look awkward and out of place. So it should be proportionate to other items in your home.
- Frames with Stand- these kinds of frames can display more than just one picture because they come out like a cupboard and the back is usually a stand. These kinds of frames are perfect for showcasing memories from different seasons and occasions.
Plants are another popular item that you can use to decorate your interior. You can hang them around your room or you can put them in pots and place them on the side of your windows. Of course, make sure you choose plants that match the rest of your house’s theme. Here are some common types of indoor plants:
- Rose- these are great for those who have a wide area because they can grow up to 3 feet tall. They come in different types and the only downside is that they require maintenance every once in a while.
- Ficus Lyrata or Fiddle Leaf Fig- this kind of plant has long branches with shiny leaves. It’s perfect if you want your space to look more mature and you can use it as a focal point in your room.
- Aloe Vera- these types of plants are very easy to care for and they’re perfect if you have pets at home because they don’t require too much sunlight.
- Echeveria Succulent- if you want something that’s great for your desk or table at home, go with this type of plant. It has a lot of varieties and they look nice if you place them in small pots.
If there’s one thing that can make your space look stylish, then it would be this kind of decoration item. They’re great if you want to achieve an elegant look in your living room or bedroom. Plus, they come in various sizes so you can choose the size that matches the rest of your house’s theme.
You can go for larger ones if you want to create a focal point by placing them in the corner of your room. You can get clear ones if you want your space to look more spacious. So they’re perfect for spaces with high ceilings. You can also get smaller ones and place them on the side of your living room’s window so you can get a view of nature while staying indoors.
You can also choose spheres made of different materials like glass, crystal, or metal. If you want something that will make your ceiling look more mystical, go for crystal ones because they come in various shapes and sizes.
Decorating your space with candles has become popular. Some people even use them to create an ambiance that complements their mood. These items are perfect for getting a romantic feel in your home and they’re also easy to take care of which makes them a great choice for people who have busy lifestyles. Plus, you can use them as an accent if you want your room’s theme to look more sophisticated.
Use them as a centrepiece in your dining room. Put them in glass containers so you can see the different wax layers inside which will give you an idea of how much they’ve been used. You can also put votive holders or tea lights on tables, bookshelves or maybe even your desk. They’re perfect for creating a mood that’s great for studying and relaxing. You can place them on the sides of your windows so you can get a view of nature while staying indoors. You can also use them as an accent in your living room or bedroom if they match.
Plants, candles and frames, and spheres are some of the most popular decoration items that you can use to change the aura of your home. They’re not expensive and they can make a big difference if you know how to put them together!