Safety meets convenience with the Schlage BE365VCAM619 Camelot Keypad Deadbolt. If you are a homeowner, chances are you work hard for the things between your walls. More importantly, you probably care very deeply about the people within those walls.
As a father, and as a husband, I am very aware of the instinctual need to ensure that your family is kept safe. If there is one product that understands and respects this, it’s the Schlage lock.
As you will shortly see in my review, the Schlage is a product that couples your desire for convenience, and your need for safety into a lock that is a home owners dream. Requiring no key, the Schlage is a code operated lock that will provide sophisticated security to your entry doors. With the Schlage, there is no need to worry about a key. Simply lock your door and leave with the peace of mind that your home will be kept safe while you are away.
Schlage Camelot Keypad Deadbolt Features
To understand what makes this lock so special, one only needs to look at its key features.
- Easy to Install: The Schlage lock is simple to install. This lock can easily replace most With no need to run wires or deal with the hassle of programming, this device is ready to use right out of the box. Simply set your new security code, and sleep better knowing that your home is protected.
- Lets the People of your Life in, while keeping strangers out: Being code operated, the Schlage requires no key, meaning you can provide access to your friends and family simply by creating a unique code for them.
The Schlage can remember up to 19 entry codes, meaning the people that you want in are welcome, while the people you don’t aren’t. There is no need to hide or distribute spare keys with the Schlage. Set your codes, and let the lock take care of the rest. The keypad even lights up to provide ease of use day or night.
- Gave a code to someone who is no longer in your life? Not a problem. All access codes are resettable, meaning you can refresh the strength of your home security at any point.
- Powerful Battery Life: The principle fear when considering a product of this nature might be battery life. The last thing you want is to get locked out of your house because of a bad battery. The Schlage eliminates this fear by using a battery with a lifespan of three years. With the Schlage, there is no need to worry about getting locked out of your own home.
- Pleasing to the Eye: The safety and convenience of the Schlage is not compromised in the least bit by its appearance. With a sleek, modern design, the Schlage lock will look good on any door, in any home. There are numerous finishes to choose from, meaning whatever the appearance of your house, there is a Schlage lock out there for you. The Schlage is made to fit the custom needs of your home, allowing your house to stay safe, and look good doing it.
Pros and Cons of the Schlage Camelot Keypad Deadbolt
So, now that we know what the Schlage can do, let’s consider some of the pros and cons of these features.
- Durable Materials: Your money is buying you a quality product. The electronic component of the lock is resistant to rain, while the keypad is built to last so that even after extensive use, the numbers will still be readable.
- Guaranteed Satisfaction: The lock comes with a three-year electronic guarantee, as well as a lifetime hardware and finishes guarantee.
- Convenience. As someone who has in the past been known to lock his keys in the house, there is no overselling the value of never needing to worry about doing that again.
But what about the cons? The only con with this product is its reliance on battery. While the life of its battery is indeed three years, owners of the Schlage nevertheless need to be sure to replace them as scheduled, to avoid getting locked out.
Let’s Compare: The Schlage versus the Kwikset
To show you how this product stands up to similar locks of its nature, we will compare it to its competition, the KwikSet Cydeadboltad bolt. Like the Schlage, the KwikSet is an electronic code operated lock designed with conveniently keeping your family safe in mind.
At first glance, these products seem very similar, and really, they are. Like the Schlage, the KwikSet offers the option to input multiple code, and it is designed to fit on all standard doors. It is only as we take a deeper look that the differences come to light.
As you look closer at both products, you will find that the Schalge is simply more user friendly. Known to be easier to install, the Schlage also can remember three times more codes than the KwikSet. It also comes with a powerful battery, which is not provided with the KwikSet.
Now that you know what you need to about the Schlage, the only thing left to do is take one home and try it yourself. The convenience of living without keys, coupled with the peace of mind that this premium lock offers will keep you satisfied. What more could you want than that? Feel safe in your home knowing that the Schlage lock is keeping your family safe, while keeping burglars out.