10 Facts About Mattresses That Will Help You Choose the Best Option
We don’t really shop for mattresses often, so it can be easy to make mistakes. From BedrMattress, here’s a guide as to what you should look for in when shopping for one.
1. What Is The Function Of The Box Spring?
- 1 1. What Is The Function Of The Box Spring?
- 2 2. How Do I Test Mattress Firmness?
- 3 3. What Are Common Mattress Purchase Mistakes?
- 4 4. What Happens To Your Body When Your Mattress Is Wrong?
- 5 5. When Should You Replace The Mattress?
- 6 6. How Do You Choose The Right Size Mattress?
- 7 7. Should You Flip Your Mattress?
- 8 8. How Long Does A Mattress Last?
- 9 9. What About An Adjustable Mattress?
- 10 10. Where Do I Shop For Mattresses?
The box spring provides support for the mattress so that it can float under your body. The mattress gives you much more support when it has a box spring sitting underneath. We don’t see it, but it play a HUGE to in how the mattress supports you and shouldn’t be forgotten.
2. How Do I Test Mattress Firmness?
This is a very common mistake that many makebut support isn’t the same as comfort. Support means how well the mattress pushes against your body to align the spine. Comfort is how if feels in regard to firmness or softness.
Don’t assume just because your back aches you need a firm mattress; lie down and see how it feels. Lie there long enough to see if it can support you for long periods of time. If you get uncomfortable after a minute or two, it is not right.
You should also talk to your mattress expert so he or she can advise you further.
3. What Are Common Mattress Purchase Mistakes?
People often buy the most expensive mattress believing that the more expensive, the better, but there are other factors to consider, such as size, support and firmness (comfort), You will save money when you make the purchase based on the correct parameters, and you will sleep better at night.
4. What Happens To Your Body When Your Mattress Is Wrong?
You will begin to feel aches and pains all the time if you are sleeping poorly. You will get sick more often, and you will never get the sleep that you need. People on the wrong mattress never feel rested. That means it doesn’t support you properly and it’s time for a replacement.
5. When Should You Replace The Mattress?
Although many think the warranty tells the whole story, your comfort plays a huge part. If you wake up with aches and pains orif you don’t sleep well through the night, it might be time for a replacement. Replace it also if it’s older the eight years or if it squeaks or has an obvious sag.
6. How Do You Choose The Right Size Mattress?
You must choose the mattress based on size, firmness, and price. You must balance all these properties before making your final decision on a purchase.
7. Should You Flip Your Mattress?
It wasn’t so long ago, when everyone was told to flip their mattress regularly, so that it wouldn’t sag and would maintain its shape. Today, most mattresses are single-sided so it’s really not necessary.
8. How Long Does A Mattress Last?
They can last for years, but don’t push it–if it eight years old or older get a new one. And remember to also replace the box spring, even if it looks fine; it is, after all, the foundation.
9. What About An Adjustable Mattress?
The adjustable mattress that you purchase might not give you the perfect sleep you are looking for. It is better to choose a memory mattress that will adjust to your body.
10. Where Do I Shop For Mattresses?
You can shop for mattresses either at mattress stores, distributors who carry names such as BedrMattress or online.