Adding a router to your shop is exciting, but your excellent new tool is nothing without an equally capable bit set. With all the options out there choosing the ideal bit set can be something of a challenge.
Don’t let that challenge stress you out. We are here to help! Read on for a list of the best router bit sets on the market!
- 1 Benefits of a Router Bit Set
- 2 Best Router Bit Sets
In the next few paragraphs we are going to take an in-depth look at some of the best sets available, but if you want a spoiler, I’ll tell you my favorite right now. For my money, the Stalwart set comes out on top here.
It is a great product that offers a lot of value with its options. That’s just my pick, of course. You will have to decide for yourself.
Benefits of a Router Bit Set
if you already own a router, you’ re well aware of the reasons you need a bit set, but if you’re new to the tool and haven’t decided if you would like to add a router/bit set to your shop here are a few of the benefits.
- Powerful: This applies more to the actual router than the bit set, but it is a powerful tool capable of making a wide variety of cuts.
- Versatile: The router is useful for an extensive variety of jobs, from cutting grooves, to making joints. The versatility can be attributed in part to the extensive options that a good bit set offers.
- Portable: Both the router and the bit set are relatively straightforward to move, which makes them great both for storage around the shop, and to transport them to different locations.
Best Router Bit Sets
You might remember the Stalwart from my previous article, where I listed it as my choice for the best buying option on this list because of its price and versatility. Let’s take a look at the features so you can decide for yourself if it’s the right set for you.
- Built To Fit:The 1/4th-inch shank is designed to fit all routers, so there is no need to worry whether or not this product is compatible with the tool that you have at home.
- Extensive Options: You’re getting a lot out of the twenty-four pieces that make up this set. Each is of a high-quality, designed to offer you the ability to quickly perform the popular cuts that you are looking for.
- Durable: Durable is always a word to look for as you shop for tools, and it fits this product nicely. You can approach your work with confidence using this set.
This next high-quality set does not come with quite as extensive the list as the last set that we looked at, but it is nevertheless a good buying option for those looking for a reliable tool. Let’s take a look at the features now so you can decide for yourself if it is a worthwhile purchase.
- Versatile: No, you aren’t getting quite as many bits with this set as you were going with the last one but that does not mean you are without options. The fifteen pieces will still leave you equipped to perform most cuts.
- Carbon Dipped: You will recall that durable is a word to look for as you shop for tools. These carbon dipped tips are certainly that.
- Portable: The 6077 also comes with a durable, high-quality wooden carrying case so that you can keep your bits organized in your shop, and travel with them easily when the need presents itself.
This next set is also from MLCS, which means that you can count on getting a quality buying option. Again, let’s take a closer look at the features to determine if this is the one to take home.
- Durable: You are getting the same high-quality carbon dipped construction with this set that we saw in the last one. You can be sure that if you decide you want to take this set home, it will last a long time.
- Different Options: On the surface, this set is very much like the last one that we looked at. The only difference is that while the previous model featured 1/4 the-inch shanks, this one features ½ inch shanks, making it slightly more versatile, for nearly the same price.
- Storage: You are also getting the same high-grade wood storage box with this model that you are getting the last set we looked at. It’s a simple feature, yes, but there is no denying that it comes in handy.