Are you in the market for a steam mop? If so you have come to the right place. Perhaps you have heard about how amazing and versatile these cleaning tools are, but you just don’t know enough about them to pick the right one.
Does that sound like you?
If so, you are not alone. Though steam mops have been around for a long time, there is still much that is not known or understood about them to the layperson who has been using traditional mops for the entirety of their lives.
We know that you want the best steam mop that you can get your hands on, and it is our mission to make sure that that happens. Read on for a guide to selecting the best steam mop for tiles!
- 1 Why You Need a Steam Mop
- 2 Top Rated Steam-Mop Buying Guide: Which One is the Best?
- 2.1 1. Bissell Powerfresh Deluxe Steam Mop
- 2.2 2. SharkNinja Shark Genius Hardwood floors Cleaning System
- 2.3 3. Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro 10-in-1 with Convenient Detachable Handheld
- 2.4 4. LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steam Mop Floor Steamer Cleaner
- 2.5 5. Bissell Symphony Pet Steam Mop
- 3 Buying Considerations: What to Consider when Buying a Steam-mop
Naturally, we are going to get pretty in depth on a number of good steam mops in the paragraphs that are to come. However, if you want to save a little bit of time, or if you just like spoilers, we can tell you that to us, one of these awesome mops does come out on top.
Because of its combination of quality and affordability, we have selected the Bissell Powerfresh as our best steam mop on this list.
Hey, that’s just our opinion. You can make your own decision as we now take a look at what is out there.
Why You Need a Steam Mop
Before we dive fully into the guide, there is one more thing that we should go over. Do you even need a steam mop? If that thought is going through your mind, it is perfectly natural. They are a little pricey and you have done just fine in the past without them, right?
Maybe, but that doesn’t change the fact that steam mops are quite possibly the most versatile cleaning products on the market. If you want something that can clean carpets, tiles, curtains, and even strip wallpaper from the walls, then you are going to need to get your hands on a good steam mop.
Now that you are convinced that they are great, here are five that we love.
Top Rated Steam-Mop Buying Guide: Which One is the Best?
You will probably remember the Bissel from earlier. We selected this unit as the best on the list because it produces incredible results at a moderate price. But just because we love this product doesn’t meant that you have to. Make your own decision as we now look at some key features.
If you are the one that is responsible for keeping your home clean, you are well aware of the fact that sometimes spots are a little bit too sticky or messy to get clean.
This is especially true if you are used to using the standard products (vacuums, traditional mops, brooms) but it even happens to steam mops from time to time.
When your cleaning needs a little bit of a boost, what do you do? Well, if you have the Bissel, you activate the SpotBoost brush.
This component of the mop is optimized for eliminating the types of messes that other mops simply can’t handle.
Because steam mops are entirely natural, using heated water instead of harsh chemicals, they don’t produce that fresh cleaned scent that other cleaning products are able to generate.
With the scent discs, the Bissel is able to solve that problem. Simply load up the discs into a small compartment in the front of the vacuum, and clean the same way that you always do.
And of course, if you don’t care for the scents, you certainly don’t have to use them. There is something to appreciate in the plain, natural smell that is left over from a good steam cleaning.
You probably won’t always need variable settings, but if you have a lot of different types of surfaces in your home, you are probably going to appreciate having a few options at your disposal.
The high, low, and medium settings featured here are going to be enough to empower you to be as thorough and versatile as possible as you clean.
We may not have chosen the SharkNinja as our top choice on this list, but that doesn’t mean you won’t! This feature rich steam mop comes in at a slightly higher price than the Bissel, but if you appreciate the features, perhaps you will find the extra money well worth it. Read on and find out for yourself.
Wide Cleaning Zone
The SharkNinja mop is optimized to create the largest and most extensive cleaning zone possible. The design of the head is streamlined to ensure that the steam is able to access as much of the floor region as possible.
While that is happening, the “Dirt and Grime Grip Pad,” technology works simultaneously to absorb and eliminate all of the gunk that is built up on your floor.
In other words, the SharkNinja is designed to make each motion with this mop as insanely efficient as possible.
With some stains, the standard steam output just isn’t going to cut it. That is why this unit features a targeted burst feature. If you come across a stain that you just can’t seem to eliminate, activate the targeted burst feature to attack the area with a highly concentrated burst of steam that should eliminate the gunk.
Last but not least, disposing of used pads is about as easy as possible with this mop. After a long day of mopping you certainly don’t want to have to put your hands on the pad that you used to clean your bathroom, right?
With this mop, you don’t have to. Eliminating used pads is as simple as touching a button.
While we wouldn’t necessarily say that this unit is the world’s best steamer, it is safe to say that it is the most affordable option we have seen so far. Is it worth your money? Let’s find out.
Steam cleaners of every variety are pretty versatile, but this unit does everything it can to stand out above the rest. The mop features hoses, and handled mop to clean floors, ceilings, walls, and even windows.
The hose attachment makes it easier than ever to access the trouble areas.
The tank on this unit allows you to clean for twenty five minutes without encountering the need to refill it. While this may not sound like much, it should be more than enough for the average home to clean all of their tile surfaces without encountering the need to refill.
Affordability isn’t exactly a feature, but it is worth mentioning nonetheless. If the price tags of the last two options frightened you, this may serve as an attractive alternative.
Penultimate on our list we have the Light and Easy. This unit takes us back to the mid-high region of the price spectrum, but when you see the features you may just decide that it is worth the money.
Like the Bissel, this unit gives you the ability to adjust your settings by choosing from three separate options that will allow you to optimize your cleaning strategy depending on the surface you are treating.
Easy To Maneuver
When it comes to steam mops, maneuverability is a feature that you may not think about very much, but it is certainly important.
This unit has been optimized to be as easy to maneuver as possible so that you can access even the tighter corners of your home with ease.
Like a few of the options that we have seen today, this unit also features a hose that will help you to gain access to harder to reach access like corners, walls, glass, and even curtains. The extended reach will make it as easy as possible to enjoy a comprehensive clean.
Last but not least we have one more offering from Bissel. Let’s dive into the features of the Bissel Symphony to see if it is right for your needs.
Two in One:
This unit also features a vacuum in addition to the steam cleaning component. If you are also in the market for a vacuum this will be an economical way to get two high quality products.
This is yet another vacuum that allows you to dispose of waste with a touch of a button so that you don’t have to get your hands dirty as you make your house clean.
Also like the first Bissel that we looked at, this unit includes scent discs so that you can enjoy a nice clean scent when you are finished with your mopping.
Buying Considerations: What to Consider when Buying a Steam-mop
Now that you have read through each and every one of these exciting options, here are a few buying considerations that you can use to better inform your ultimate decision.
- Price: As you probably noticed, there is a fairly wide range of prices out there for steam mops. While there is certainly the potential to spend a lot of money, you definitely do not have to if you have more modest financial means.
If you are willing to sacrifice a few plushy features, you should be able to find a steam mop out there that is suitable to your budget, so do a canister Hardwood floors vacuum.
- Size: You probably also noticed that there is a range of different sized out there. Many people don’t think much about size when they are deciding on a mop, vacuum, or something of that nature, but it is a fairly important consideration actually.
- If you live in an apartment, or even just a home that does not have very much room for storage, then you are definitely going to want to think about getting something that features a more compact build.
- Settings: Settings are certainly not a given but if you can manage to get a steam mop that features them you should really think about taking advantage of that opportunity. Though not necessary, steam settings do help you take a customized approach to the cleaning of each unique surface in your home.
- Chord Length: Simple, but important. The longer the chord length, the easier it is going to be to get your steam mop around the house.
- Features: As you probably noticed with the list there are some steam mops (like the Bissel) that are fairly loaded with features. Then there are other options out there that, while still fully capable of getting the job done, are a little bit more basic.If you can get a mop that has a lot of features, you are definitely going to appreciate it. The settings, the power, the scent pods, and the overall utility of the Bissel are, after all, the exact reasons that we liked it so much.On the other hand, if you are more concerned with sticking to a budget, you may consider forgoing some of the features in order to get something that is simple but affordable.
At the end of the day, when it comes to steam mops you are getting an extremely efficient cleaning tool regardless of the frills.
- Weight: For many users, the weight of the cleaning tool is not going to matter all that much, but if you do struggle with moving heavier objects, remember to double check to be sure that the mop you are thinking about features a lightweight design.
And there you have it! Exciting stuff, right? All five of these options are really very good, but if you are having trouble deciding which will be right for you, then it may help to remember that we have a recommendation for you.
As far as we are concerned there really is no beating the Bissell Powerfresh steam mop. This option comes with a slew of deluxe features that will empower you to clean your home more thoroughly and efficiently than ever before.
Of course, this is just our recommendation. Now that you have read our guide, you are free to make your own informed buying decision.