If you’re ready to say goodbye to cold showers and need a newer, better solution for your home’s water heating needs, then it’s about time you got yourself a tankless water heater. We know, most are used to that big, ugly, metal thing covered in cobwebs to do their water heating but it’s time to move into the new age. We’ve created the best tankless water heater guide out there so that you can join the rest of us in 2018 with savings on energy costs and upgraded technology. The benefits of this decision are numerous just as you’re about to see.
Our 5 Favorite Tankless Water-Heaters
- 0.1 Our 5 Favorite Tankless Water-Heaters
- 0.2 Our Winner: The Ecosmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 1 Top 5 Rated Tankless Water Heaters: Which one is the Best?
- 1.1 1. Ecosmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater (Best for the Money)
- 1.2 2. Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG Indoor Tankless Water Heater
- 1.3 3. Bosch Tronic 3000 T 2.5-Gallon Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater
- 1.4 4. Rheem RTEX-18 240V 2 Heating Chambers Residential Tankless Water Heater
- 1.5 5. Titan Tankless N-160 Water Heater
- 2 Why use a tankless water heater?
- 3 What to Look for When Buying One?
- Ecosmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater
- Copper and stainless components
- 17” H x 17” W x 3.75” D; 13.75 lbs
- 27 kW operating power
- 4 x 40 A required breaker
- Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG Indoor Tankless Water Heater
- Gas powered
- 3” H x 13.8” W x 6.7” D; 38 lbs
- 140,000 BTU
- 6 GPM max flow rate
- Bosch Tronic 3000 T 2.5-Gallon Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater
- Electric heater that fits under a sink
- 75” H x 13.75” W x 10.75” D; 15.5 lbs
- 12 A / 120 V electrical requirement
- 150 psi water pressure range
- Rheem RTEX-18 240V 2 Heating Chambers Residential Tankless Water Heater
- Self-adjusting power to stay efficient while still maintaining hot water output
- 15” H x 19” W x 4” D; 8.5 lbs
- 240 V
- 3/4” NPT water connections
- Titan Tankless N-160 Water Heater
- Powerful enough to heat up an entire large home’s water supply
- Made in the USA for the past 32 years
- Requires one 60 Amp double pole breaker
- 10 year warranty on casing and water carrying components
Our Winner: The Ecosmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater
If you want to know who our favorite water heater is right away, look no further than the Ecosmart ECO 27. We love the versatility that the ECO line of products brings to work specifically for every home size. We also have found that customer reviews on it are extremely high. Everyone loves the constantly hot water (and how soon it shows up after they ask for it) and that’s why we have chosen it as our top water heater for your consideration.
Top 5 Rated Tankless Water Heaters: Which one is the Best?
1. Ecosmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater (Best for the Money)
Constantly Hot Water
This heater can provide hot water at a rate of up to 3 gallons per minute. That means that you would have to turn on just about every hat water user in your house all at the same time to start to see a drop in temperature.
Digital Control of Every Degree
This unit comes with a remote control that can be used to control the temperature of the water it puts out. This can be done to within one degree of accuracy meaning you get exactly the heat you want.
Copper and Stainless Steel Parts
Dependable and long-lasting, copper and stainless steel make up the most active components of these water heaters. The high quality of these materials is something that you would enjoy in the coming years when you don’t have to call the maintenance guy.
A couple things that the Ecosmart are missing are, first, a more thorough warranty plan. Customers have left reviews that aren’t exactly desirable in this regard. Another difficult point about these heaters is that they have a lot of different sizes and finding the right one may prove difficult.
Thermistors for Temperature Monitoring
This tankless water heater has gauges for temperatures on both its inlet and outlet. This is great because it will give you an idea of the water coming in and water going out so you know if there are any problems with your unit.
Heats Up to 6.6 Gallons per Minute
Ensure that you won’t be running out of hot water ever again with this Takagi product. 6.6 gallons of hot water every minute are enough to keep your water hot despite having every hot water appliance running at the same time.
Energy Star Certified
Having earned an Energy Star certification, this product is certain to save you money on your home’s energy bills. You may be having to buy something right now but you’ll be saving later. So, this purchase is more of an investment than a regular one.
As far as where this product comes up short, the fact that it uses gas may be something you don’t particularly like. While it is more efficient than a water heater with a tank, you may choose to go for an electric water heater if you want to avoid using gas altogether.