A baby walker is a toy that helps a child who hasn’t started walking on his/her own to walk. They were first introduced in the early 1980’s and are designed in such a way that the child can stand or sit down while being supported by the walker. These walkers always come with wheels so the child can push it with ease. The best baby walkers are equipped with built in toys such as rattles, pianos, lights and sounds. Some even have snack trays to help keep baby entertained, so parents can go about their daily duties while supervising them.
The Advantages of Owning a Baby Walker
- 1 5 Top Rated Baby Push Walker
- 1.1 1. Safety 1st Sounds ‘n Lights Discovery Walker (Best Baby Walker for Carpet)
- 1.2 2. Bright Starts Walk-A-Bout Roaming Safari Walker (Best Walker for the Money)
- 1.3 3. VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker (Best Budget Baby Walker)
- 1.4 4. Disney Minnie Music and Lights Garden Delight Walker
- 1.5 5. Delta Children Lil’ Drive Baby Activity Walker (Best baby walker for Short Babies)
- 1.6 Types of Baby Walkers
- 2 What to Consider when Choosing a Baby Walker
- 3 The Contenders for Best Baby Walkers are as follows
- 3.1 VERSATILITY
- 3.2 PRICE
- 3.3 COMFORT
- 3.4 WARRANTY
- 3.5 Common Questions and Answers Session
There are different advantages of owning a baby walker.
- It keeps babies entertained and will provide lots of fun for your child every day. Your baby will hardly get bored when he/she is in the baby walker.
- It also keeps baby distracted so you can do other things that need to be done in your home while you supervise your baby as he plays with his walker.
- As it helps or assists your child in walking about, it will strengthen the muscles in your baby’s leg which is important for when your baby begins to walk unassisted.
- You also don’t have to carry or hold your child all the time when your baby owns a baby walker, so this also will help the baby get independent.
5 Top Rated Baby Push Walker
1. Safety 1st Sounds ‘n Lights Discovery Walker (Best Baby Walker for Carpet)
This is an affordable, fun, and exciting walker that your baby will feel comfortable playing with. It’s main selling point are the grip strips, which reduces movement on uneven surfaces, so you and your baby will feel safe. Also, your baby will have fun playing with the dinosaur themed toys and will be fascinated at the fun sound and light this walker has to offer.
It is very sturdy for its price and with a seat that is machine washable, baby’s hygiene will be in check.
- Machine washable seats, so you don’t have to worry about messes.
- Moves over carpet smoothly.
- Several interactive toys to keep baby amused.
- 3 height adjustable settings to grow with baby.
- Swing open tray for other activities and snack time.
- Some customers that have tiny babies complained that the height setting was too high for their babies.
2. Bright Starts Walk-A-Bout Roaming Safari Walker (Best Walker for the Money)
This product also features a high seat back and three adjustable seat positions to grow with baby and provide him additional comfort and support.
- Removable playstation that baby can carry around.
- Easy adjustable seat with three height positions.
- High seat back for extra comfort, so baby can relax.
- Folds flat for compact and easy storage, so space is not a problem.
- Features sturdy wide frame with rubber feet that stops moving when baby is close to the stairs or uneven surfaces.
- The little steering wheels make a noise when they move and some customers are not happy about it.
3. VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker (Best Budget Baby Walker)
This is an interactive learning baby walker which has a removable toy panel. The early learning center features over 70 sing along songs, sound effects music and fun phrases. It also has 5 piano keys that play music to encourage baby’s creativity.
It also consists of 3 shape sorters and light up buttons to help develop baby’s motor skills, and a pretend removable telephone handset.
With wheels that work on hard floors and carpet, maneuvering is made easy for your child.
- Through adaptive technology this walker will help your baby develop from a crawler to walker.
- The activity panel is easy to remove so your child can carry it about or have some floor playtime.
- Baby’s motor skills will develop with its light-up buttons, colorful spinning rollers and shape sorters.
- Baby can not only play, but can also learn while playing with this product.
- Wheels don’t slide on hard floors as the wheels have a rubber seam on its rear which prevents side to side motions.
- Two settings on the wheel to control your baby’s speed.
- Some customers didn’t like the fact that it made sounds or played music continuously