Clean Up Fast With Our Top Steam Mop Review (2017)
If you want floors that are truly clean (like, so clean you can eat off of them), nothing is better than a steam mop. These appliances give you a proper, deep cleaning traditional mops can’t, making your floors sparkly and safe. Lucky you, our top steam mop review has everything you need to find the perfect one for you and your family.
Our Top Steam Mop Recommendation
- 1 Our Top Steam Mop Review: The 5 Best Models
- 1.1 Bissell 1940 PowerFresh Hard Floor Steam Mop (Highly Recommend 2017)
- 1.2 Shark Professional Dust, Mop, & Scrub Steam Electric Corded Pocket Mop
- 1.3 Bissell 1132A Symphony All-in-One Vacuum and Steam Mop
- 1.4 Shark Genius Steam Pocket Mop System
- 1.5 Hoover WH20445PC Floormate Steamscrub 2-in-1 Floor Cleaner
- 1.6 Benefits of Steam Mops
- 1.7 Buying Considerations – What Should I consider?
- 1.8 Tricks and Tips
- 1.9 Wrap Up
While all the mops on our list will get the job done our top recommendation goes to The Bissell 1940 PowerFresh Steam Mop. It provides a serious clean with plenty of features and characteristics that you are sure to love. It is easy to use, durable and offers that deep down clean that you are looking floor. Killing 99.9% of germs on your floor and getting out the deepest stains on your floor are strengths of this product that cannot be matched.
Our Top Steam Mop Review: The 5 Best Models
|Bissell 1940 PowerFresh |
|Shark Professional Scrub Steam||3||$|
|BISSELL All-in-One Vacuum and Steam Mop||3||$$$$|
|Shark Genius Steam Mop||3||$$$|
|Hoover WH20445PC Floormate Steamscrub||5||$$|
While all steam mops are ideal for use around your home, there are certainly a few models that come out as top competitors. Here, we have the best five options that you could find.
Bissell 1940 PowerFresh Hard Floor Steam Mop (Highly Recommend 2017)
This is the best steam mop out there, simply put. This model has features in it that make it uniquely useful past the utility of many other steam mops. Some of these characteristics are:
- Work 2x Faster: This particular steam mop works up to two times faster than its competitors through the employment of a built-in scrubber. With this pad in place, you can get the same clean in less time.
- Flip Down Scrubber: The scrubber that we previously mentioned deserves its own separate remark because it allows you to clean up even the toughest messes. Grout, corners, sticky, and dried-on spots are no match for this scrubber. It flips up and down for when you do and don’t want it to be used.
- Safe on All Hard Floors: This mop is perfect for any hard floor in your house. Hardwood, tile, stone, linoleum, and stone surfaces can all experience the deepest of clean with this product.
Next on our list is a Shark steam mop that has high potential to be your new favorite appliance. Shark’s reputation for high-quality products shines through with this product which includes strengths like:
- Intelligent Steam Control: The steaming controls on this mop guarantee that you get an outstanding clean every time you pass it over your floor. The sanitation and shine that your floor will have after using this mop is unparalleled.
- 180 Degree Mop Head: This mop has a highly flexible head such that you can move it around your house with no sweat. Who said cleaning has to be difficult? Shark makes things easy by letting you scoot your steam mop around at all angles.
- Extra Large Water Tank: Once you get to cleaning with your new steam mop, you won’t want to have stop to refill the water tank every 5 minutes. Thankfully, this Shark product has a big tank so that you can get into a good cleaning rhythm and keep on going until your floor is spotless.
Bissell scores another product here on our list of steam mops, pointing to a company focused on producing quality cleaners. This model provides a ton of value with features like:
- Steam Clean and Vacuum at the Same Time: That’s right. Not only can you clean and disinfect your floors with this product but you can vacuum, too. And you can do vacuum and disinfect clean at once. Gone are the days of having to pass over your floor twice with this steam mop/vacuum combo in your home.
- Digital Controls: This steam mop has settings for low and high steam cleans as well as different vacuum modes. The handle has a simple to use interface for no-fuss transitions between whichever modes you are desiring.
- High Suction: The vacuum on this mop produces outstanding suction that you are sure to love. Bissell has a ton of experience with creating high-quality vacuums and this experience shows in the vacuum that is on this mop.
There’s a reason that the word “genius” is in the name of this steam mop. With this package, you’ll get a full bundle that includes benefits like:
- Fast Action: In just 30 seconds, this steam mop is ready to go. You’ll see 99.9% of germs and bacteria killed off on your hard floor without the use of harsh chemicals using this mop. Talk about an immediate and gratifying clean.
- Washable Microfiber: The pads on this steam mop are far more useful than some other products that you will see. These pads can be washed and reused up to 20 times – a tremendous value. Furthermore, they trap and lock in dirt like no other pad on the market.
- Two Different Head Shapes: The corners and tight spaces on your floors can make the difference between clean and dirty. With this in mind, Shark includes two distinct mop head shapes (triangular and rectangular) in this package so that you can get to every part of your floor.
With their own steam mop, Hoover makes an appearance on our list. This product is just as valuable as any other and would be a welcome addition to any home. Get the deepest clean on your hard floors with features like:
- Steam Stream Technology: This steam mop shoots a direct steam spray onto your floor, sending the steam straight to the source of your toughest stains. The scrubbing brush serves to cut through food and top level staining.
- Two Tanks: This product is unique because it has two water tanks. You could choose to put cleaning solution in one of the tanks if you desire a chemical friendly clean or just use the water if you don’t want to use chemicals.
- Detachable Steamer: This mop has a small, removable head that you can use to clean other surfaces in your home. You can sanitize and deeply clean plenty of other surfaces in your home with this mop, unlike many other options.
Benefits of Steam Mops
Steam mops are great for a variety of reasons. A steam mop can clean a hard floor much deeper than any vacuum, wipe, or towel by utilizing the power of steam. Steam has two major benefits that are essential to truly make your floor spotless.
- First, a steam mop simply extracts more dirt and grime out of your hard floor surfaces. Your floors have pores in them that dirt loves to hang out in, giving your floor a worn look. With a steam mop, you can get into those pores and force out that pesky filth to give even the oldest of floors a brand new shine.
- Second, the antibacterial powers of steam cannot be understated. There are all sorts of harmful microbes and germs that live on your floor. Yuck. But, with the antibacterial strength of steam, you can use your steam mop to kill off 99.9% of the bacteria on your floor for a whole new level of clean.
Buying Considerations – What Should I consider?
There are plenty of things to consider when you go to choose your own steam mop. A few of the most important things to consider are:
- Adjustable Steam Flow: Some might desire the ability to move between different levels of steam utilization. Some steam mops have this feature while others do not. So, if this ability is important to you, be sure to get a mop that has this capability.
- Extra Scrubbing Ability: Some of these mops have more harsh scrubbers than others. Depending on the type of cleaning you are looking for with your mop, it may be prudent to get a mop that has a heavier duty scrubber rather than just the steaming cleaner.
- Price: How much the mop costs is, of course, something to consider. Some steamers are cheaper with the same cleaning power as others while some cost more due to their extra features.
Tricks and Tips
Tip 1: Make sure you wait for the steam to be coming out of the head of your mop! It takes a second for the water to heat up and start cleaning your floor so be sure to have a little patience at the beginning of your cleaning.
Tip 2: Clean your pads! Using a clean pad on your floor should go without saying, but it is important not to forget. Depending on which product you own, you may have to wash your pads or get new ones altogether.
Tip 3: Add pleasant smells to your clean! Add some lemon juice, vinegar, or essential oils into your water tank to give your steam a lovely smell.
Any home with hard floors deserves a steam mop. The only way to get your hard floors to a serious level of clean is with one of the best steam mop options that we have given you here. For the best clean, you want the Bissell 1940 PowerFresh Steam Mop but any of these mops are sure to give your floors a brand new sheen.
A steam mop not only clears up stains and other tough messes but also kills virtually all germs and bacteria that live on your floor. With your new steam mop hanging around, you’ll be able to enhance the cleanness of your home like you never had before.
Compare the top 5 best steam mop of 2017 and read expert reviews. Make sure that you find the best fit stream-mop.