If there is one thing that is a must in my kitchen, it’s nonstick cookware. From sauces to French fries, a good set can mean the difference between flipping burgers and scraping them off the pan in crumbles.
Problem is, finding a good set can be tricky. Obviously, you want cookware that will have food sliding off of it and is reasonably priced. But HOW do you find that? What should you look for? What are the essential features?
Well, I’ll tell you because after years of burnt chicken and the smoke alarm blaring, I’ve learned what you need and what you don’t. My top 5 nonstick cookware countdown is not only an in-depth look at the 5 best sets on the market, but a complete buying guide.
I’ll give you price points, cooking tricks, maintenance tips and more, so the only thing you’ll burn is the toast (I can help you with that too in another article).
Nonstick Cookware 101
- 1 Top 5 Nonstick Cookware Sets
- 1.1 T-fal E765SC Ultimate Hard Anodized Titanium Nonstick 12-Piece Cookware Set (Our Best-seller 2019)
- 1.2 Vremi 15 Piece Nonstick Cookware Set with Cooking Utensils
- 1.3 Cook N Home 15 Piece Non stick Black Soft handle Cookware Set
- 1.4 Simply Calphalon Nonstick 10 Piece Cookware Set
- 1.5 GreenLife 14 Piece Nonstick Ceramic Cookware Set with Soft Grip, Turquoise
- 1.6 Nonstick Cookware Buying Checklist
- 1.7 Nonstick Cooking & Maintenance Tips
- 1.8 Choosing the Right Nonstick Set Coating
- 1.9 Cooking Tricks
- 1.10 The Verdict
If you’re not familiar with nonstick cookware you’re probably wondering why you need it. After all, a little Pam can take care of any sticking and burning right? Wrong. Yes, sprays can help with sticking, but only to a certain extent- it is not 100%.
As a result, your pans erode and deteriorate, leaving you with not just burnt food, but burnt food that has metal particles on it. I don’t know about you but that doesn’t sound too good and it definitely isn’t good for your health.
Nonstick cookware eliminates these issues. These pots, pans and cooking utensils can make anything without it sticking thanks to special coatings.
There are 3 different types: Teflon, which is a chemical coating, ceramic and porcelain. Foods cook evenly and just glide right off, for quick, tasty meals that cleanup 1-2-3 (which makes them an automatic winner in my book). And that’s not all they do, take a look:
Top 5 Nonstick Cookware Sets
Now, for the moment you’ve all been waiting for (drum roll)… Here is my list of the top 5 nonstick cookware sets. There are varying prices, materials and uses, which means there is something here for everyone.
T-fal E765SC Ultimate Hard Anodized Titanium Nonstick 12-Piece Cookware Set (Our Best-seller 2019)
Of the 5 sets on my list, this one has the biggest raves from consumers and is the #1 choice of critics thanks to its revolutionary design and technology.
This 12 piece set sets the bar with its proprietary Thermo-spot heat indicator and unique PFOA-free titanium coating. Thermo-Spot alerts you when pans are pre-heated and ready to use, so you cook foods at just the right time. It also shows you the whole pan/pot has been evenly heated.
- Then there’s the hard anodized aluminum body and titanium coating. The aluminum is galvanized, making is durable and resistant to warping (up to 400°), while the titanium nonstick surface is like Teflon, but free of chemicals, long-lasting and scratch resistant.
- So you can go from the stove to the oven without any issues, which means you can make just about any recipe with these pots and pans.
- Finally, each piece is fitted with silicone handles, which will not transfer heat, so you can pick them up without pot holders safely if you wanted to.
- This 12-piece set includes 2 fry pans (8 and 10 inches), 2 dutch ovens (5.6 and 1.1 quarts), 2 sauce pan (2.3 and 3.2 quarts), and a nylon spoon and spatula for smart cooking.
- A good set for families and those who are watching their weight.
- Made of pure bamboo, there are 5 essential pieces: a spatula, mixing spoon, turner spoon, forked spoon and slotted spoon. The bamboo can be washed in soap and water without dulling or deteriorating and can handle anything, from hot pasta water to stir-fry.
- Each piece also has a different color silicone handle with a hole at the end so you can hang them if you need to save drawer space or want them within easy reach (they look pretty too when their on display).
- There are 5 colors: sea foam, teal, pink, orange and bright green, to compliment any kitchen decor, making this set a must for all nonstick cooks.
For those on a budget, this set covers all the bases and then some, and at a bargain price of just over $50. With pots, pans and utensils, this is a complete set, making it perfect for those new to using nonstick cookware.
- The set is durable, thanks to a heavy-duty aluminum outer coating that gives it longevity without making it bulky or awkward. The aluminum also helps to spread heat quickly and all at once, for uniform cooking.
- The nonstick interior is smooth and will not fade or scratch, even with repeated washing- showing this sets true value. In addition, the pans and pots have clear glass lids so you can see your food cook and the handles are soft silicon that is cool and easy to grip.
- The one thing to remember is that due to the soft handles, this set can’t go in the oven, but this is a small drawback that don’t take away from the overall functionality of these pieces.
- This set has 2 frying pans, 2 dutch ovens, 2 pots, and 5 cooking utensils (soon, spatula, slotted spoon, scooper and pasta spoon) and is good for new homeowners and beginners.