Simple Ideas on How to Organize Your Home: Live Comforty and Cozy
Before organizing your entire life, you should pay attention to fixing your home first. Nothing big can start without giving priority first to those little problems. If you are a new homeowner or a person who just wants a new look to your abode, then knowing how to organize your home is a necessary skill!
There are a lot of ways to organize your home. And there are a lot of means so that you can do this. However, remember that organizing means that every component of your home should be in the right place.
Where to Start When Organizing Your Home
- 1 Where to Start When Organizing Your Home
- 2 Bedroom
- 3 Closets
- 4 General Living Areas
- 5 Home and Study Station
- 6 Laundries
There are two areas in your home that you should give special attention when organizing: your bedroom and general living areas. These two areas are where your family stays most of the time. Therefore, making them thoroughly arranged is highly important.
When organizing your home, it should be simple and clean. This is the reason that most of the modern interior designs that you can see today follow the principles of minimalism and space preservation. If you can organize the things in your home, here are the benefits that you can get:
- More room for you to move around your house
- More space for future additions of furniture
- You can find things (especially small items) quickly
- You can avoid hazards such as getting injured
- Your home is less susceptible to fire and unwanted explosions
Here are some tips on how to organize your home:
There are a lot of papers and documents you bring home from your office or school. Sometimes, we would forget them and until we realized one day that they are piling high like a tower.
For your documents, make sure that you have organizers to keep these documents in place. If you don’t need them anymore, considering disposing of them already. Or if not, recycle them for other purposes.
Shared vis Closet Maid
- You can fully organized your closet by inserting several bins.
- If you have a builder-grade shelf, you can use them to as a storage for your cleaning tools such as your broom. Just by several S-hooks and it is good to go!
- Save more space in your closet by installing a double-hang closet rod. If your closet has a wide vertical space, this trick works!
- You can use pool noodles to keep your boots in standing position. To do this, you have to cut the pool noodles into quarters using a serrated knife.
- Attach pipe cleaners in the ends of your hanger to avoid annoying clothes slippage.
School Items Separation
Some of us love to keep any of previous school equipment. They are emotional memories of our younger days. But sometimes, they can cause a mess, right? To solve this problem, you have to dedicate different compartments for them. For your children, you should give them respective spaces as well.
Un-wrangling your Wires
If you have several appliances in your bedrooms such as computers and TV set, dealing with wires is a constant problem. To solve this pesky problem, try acquiring camouflage power strips, adapters, and cable management boxes. These things can keep your wires from looping like spaghetti.
Phone Accessories and Charges
Use a large basket as storage for your phone chargers and other mobile accessories. Also, you can use binding clips to prevent the wires from convoluting and entangling with each other.
You should do this for your headsets. In this way, you can save your time from finding these accessories. All of us know how fast these things can get lost in our bedrooms.
Arranging your Children’s Room
Use different containers and storage systems because we all know that our kids have a lot of stuff. You have to dedicate several boxes for the toys of your children. We know that they will keep searching for these things, so it is better to have a closet for them.
Shared via Elja Home
You will also need to install shoe-bags to stuff small toys like dolls.
To make cleaning your children’s room clean, let your kids join you. Let them arrange their beds and put away they dirty clothes in a bin. In this way, you can teach them how to be responsible enough to deal with their own mess!
Other Children’s Room Organizing Tips
1. All those leftover crayons and other coloring materials of your children should be stored in a candy jar. They look great as a decoration!
2. A utility cart just like Raskog can organize the craft items of your children.
3. Reserve a space in their wall for an “Art Wall.” This could save your refrigerator from being flooded by your children’s prevalent artworks.
General Living Areas
Keeping Your Entry Points Clean
If you are always receiving paper mails, then you should dedicate a box for them near your door or gate. In this way, you can easily access them without seeing any of these lying on the floor. Also, consider installing a perch for your house and car keys.
Shared via Amazon
For your coats, hats, scarves, and mittens, you can have them arranged by having fabric bins on any of your top shelves. Of course, you have a shoe rack for your boots and other footwear.
If you find this arrangement too crowded, you can seal away all of your off-season items in a garment bag.
Home and Study Station
Shared via Baby Center
In your house, it is important that you should a dedicate a space in where you can work or your children can study. In this way, you can minimize the possible mess that you can create while doing your personal errands.
It is also a good space-saving mechanism to keep everything in place.
Removing Paper Clutters
1. Segregate the important documents from those that have no use already.
2. Create a compartment in where you can store these papers based on their category (e.g. office documents, medical records, academic materials)
3. When disposing paper, it is ideal to use a paper shredder to save space in your trash bin.
Drawer Knobs as Storage
Aside from hooks, you can always use the knobs in your drawer to hang your garments, umbrella, small bags, and other embellishments. In this way, you can keep the entry points of your house free from being cluttered.
Pegboard to organize your Shoes
Shared via Saw Dust Girl
If your shoe rack is full already, you can opt to install a peg board as an alternative. It can also save space since you will be just hanging it in a wall or a compartment.
Most of us have an athletic family member. Although we love the idea that they are pouring their hearts in sports, the mess they leave after a playing a game still annoys us. To keep their gears in check, you should acquire a sports equipment organizer.
Shared via LTD Commodities
Sorting out the laundries consumes much of our time. To save you from this trouble, dedicate one colored laundry bag to each family member.
There is a necessity for someone like you to learn how to organize your home. You will need this so that you won’t misplace any of your things. Moreover, your house would be susceptible to dirt and infections if everything inside is always messy.
If you have a big family, then you should organize your home regularly. Day by day, each of your family members is doing stuff that disorients the arrangement of your abode. We are not saying that you have to do this every day, but once in every two weeks is fine.
And as a suggestion, why not teach these tips to your family members as well? After all, it is fun cleaning when it is done altogether!
Do you have any comments, questions, and suggestions? Ask us! We love to hear from you!