If you are looking for an efficient but inexpensive way to help cool things off when the weather is too hot, a pedestal fan is a great option. Compact and easy to use, these appliances are designed to circulate the air in a room to keep it cool. Since they are on the small size, they are mainly for office use, but they also work well in homes, particularly in bedrooms and dens, creating a cool breeze when you are sleeping or watching TV.
We highly recommend Rowenta VU5551 Turbo Silence Oscillating Stand Fan for reasons. Like any other type of fan that uses a spinning blade, they don’t actually reduce the temperature in a room.
Instead, the set of spinning blades creates a breeze that helps circulate air to cool you down if you are feeling hot. As a result, they can make everyone in the room feel comfortable, cooling without chilling.
These types of fans vary in prices, depending on their features and speed variations. There are different styles of pedestal fans available in the market and there is one that suits everyone no matter the budget.
5 Top Rated Stand Fans – Which One is the Best?
|Rowenta VU5551 Turbo Silence Oscillating Fan|
|16 inch||Check Price||$$$$|
|Honeywell HS-1655 QuietSet 16" Stand Fan||16 inch||Check Price||$$|
|Lasko 1843 Remote Control Cyclone |
18-Inch Pedestal Fan
|18 inch||Check Price||$$$|
|Lasko #2535 52" Oscillating Pedestal Fan||52 inch||Check Price||$$|
|Hurricane Heavy Duty||20 inch||Check Price||$$$|
1. Rowenta VU5551 Turbo Silence Oscillating 16-Inch 4-Speed Stand Fan with Remote Control (Best of the Year)
If you are in the market to buy a powerful fan that is ideal for both home and office use, the Rowenta vu5551 turbo oscillating 16″ stand fan with remote control is the ideal fan for you.
This high quality stand fan is popular and highly recommended, as it is one of the best and most reliable on the market. It is also on the pricey side, but with all that it can do, the price is more than justified. It features 5 blades, to produces a lot of airflow and can cool a room quickly.
It is so quiet that the manufacturers state that it can be used in libraries, so you can imagine how quiet it actually is. This unit has an adjustable height of 42-54 inches, and its head rotates in different directions, for spot cooling. It also comes with a remote control which has a turbo boost selection when you need it, and 3 seed settings. The roweta vu5551 stand fan is easy to assemble, easy to carry, and best of all, easy to clean.
- It has a remote control so you can control its speed from anywhere in the room without having to approach the fan.
- Its head pivots in many directions
- It has 5 blades which ensures a lot of airflow is produced
- It’s so quiet that it is used in libraries
- There are enough speed options for some customers.
Customers who purchased this item are very happy with it. They love that it is so easy to assemble, with only 3 steps, that you may not even need to read the directions. In addition, its sturdy base makes it very stable, and it’s extremely quiet.
2. Honeywell HS-1655 QuietSet 16″ Stand Fan (Best for the Money)
If you are looking for a powerful stand fan that will cool your entire room and help you have a peaceful and quiet nights rest, the Honeywell HS 1655 16″ stand fan is the one for you. This unit has exciting features that you will love and will satisfy your needs.
The Honeywell HS stand fan is the best fan for cooling an entire room quick. It consists of 5 different speed level options and is not noisy thanks to a super quiet mode in its settings. This feature makes it the best choice if you are buying it to use in your bedroom, as it circulates without creating background noise.
Another reson it is good for a bedrom is the shut off timer, with a 1-8 hour auto shut off. With this feature you can prgoram it to go on and off as you sleep, for no-hassle operation. Finally, its front panel has a nice blue light that can be used as a night light. And its height is adjustable.
- Adjustable height so you can set it in the best position that suits you.
- It has a quiet mode setting so you can enjoy a quiet night’s sleep.
- 5 speed levels to choose from which means you can definitely find the right speed that suits your given mood no matter how fast or slow you want it to blow the air.
- Some customers do not find the blue light appealing
In addition to its beautiful design and construction, customers love the extreme quietness of this product, as they can watch TV or listen to music with pleasure. They also love how convenient it is to use, as it comes with a remote control that has 5 speed and 4 timer settings,
3. Lasko 1843 Remote Control Cyclone 18-Inch Pedestal Fan
The Lasko brand is a very popular and reliable brand, so if you are looking to get a well-built product, this one is the one for you.
This pedestal fan was built with your convenience in mind, with a remote control to make life easier for you, a height adjustment of up to 54 inches, and three quiet speed adjustments to evenly cool a room.And speaking of convenience, the head tilts backwards to help you direct the air exactly where you need it, perfect for those really hot days. It doesn’t have any complicated tools, so assembly and cleaning are made easy, and the best thing about this fan is that it can be programmed to come on and go off at whatever time you want it to.
- It blows a lot of nice cool air even in low setting
- The remote control not only turns it on and off, you can also set the time on when you want the fan to go off
- Easy assembly no screws involved
- Some customers complain that it is a bit noisy.
What customers love most about this unit is its powerful output of cool air. One customer, who doesn’t have a hair dryer, actually used this fan to dry her long hair in minutes. They also love the fact that it has a programmable timer that can be set with the remote control.
4. Lasko #2535 52″ Oscillating Pedestal Fan
This fan makes it easy for you to be able to create your desired comfort level, with its all-inclusive design that can save you space in your home, office, or kitchen.
The Lasko 52″ fan is one of the tallest in its class, is easy to put up, extremely quiet, and its airflow is very good. This appliance stands on its own and can be adjusted for heights, and the blades can be adjusted in such a way that the air comes out in the direction you want it to.
Its remote control is equally easy to use, and this fan can cool your apartment quickly when the weather is warm. It is trim and lightweight, can fit anywhere, and thanks to its slim design you can move it from room to room when you need to.
- As a result of its trim design it can fit in the tightest corners.
- It doesn’t just blow air, it blows cool air and because of the tremendous amount of air it blows out it can cool your apartment.
- Remote is straightforward and easy to use
- Some customers complain that when it’s on high speed it gets noisy.
What customers love most about this product is its slim design that can fit any where, especially if you live in a place where space is a problem. Customers who have used this product have also confirmed that they love its quietness and its ability to blow out a lot of cool air, enough to cool your entire room.
5.Hurricane 20″ Heavy Duty Metal Stand Fan for Industrial
If you are looking to buy a powerful fan that will cool a large area or room, look no further for you have found what you are looking for. The Hurricane high velocity stand fan is a powerful, high-velocity fan for industrial use, producing a lot of wind that will cool a big area or room off.
This equipment is an all metal construction and its assembly is easy, with a wide base that will make it sturdy on any surface, even carpet. If you like white noise when you are sleeping then you will love this fan, which produces a low, soothing sound when in use. It has 3 powerful speed high torque motor and its height is adjustable. Plus, it has heavy duty, 20″ aluminum blades with a head that pivots 180 degrees from left to right.
- It puts out a lot of air even when it’s on low
- Its metal construction is sturdy
- Uses less power that an air condition will use
- It’s a little heavy to move around.
People who have used this product love its powerful output of air they say that it blows out more air on low power that most other fans on high power.
Benefits of Owning a Pedestal Home Fan
- They are cheaper to operate than a full HVAC system; for under $30 in some cases you can get a pretty powerful appliance- one that can make a room comfortable even on the hottest day of the year.
- These machines redistribute the air so it will keep your rooms cool when the weather is hot. Circulating air feels cooler, allowing you to work or relax without being distracted.
- They are portable so they can be moved around easily to your desired position.
- They are environment-friendly
- Does not use as much power as an air conditioner
- They are easy to operate as most of these fans don’t need mounting or installation all you need to do is plug it in, switch it on, and enjoy the breeze
- Pedestal fans are multi-functional. They add ventilation as well as cool your room.
In conclusion, purchasing a pedestal fan is a good investment, particularly if you live and work in areas where the weather tends to get hot. They are good appliances for cooling your environment, be it your office, bedroom, lounge, garage and so on. Theses appliances are portable, reliable and user-friendly.
If you are in the market to purchase one, it is important to get a good quality fan that will last long in order not to keep replacing it every summer. I hope these five best pedestal fan review will help you in choosing the right fan that best suits you.